Old Soldier When He Wasn't Old

Old Soldier When He Wasn't Old
Here I am after Infantry Basic Trainnig back in the 80's

Old Soldier Today

Old Soldier Today
Here is the current version of me.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Got my Reservation

I am a nurse in the Army Reserve Medical Corps. I just took my officer's oath May 2009 and have been completing my BSN which I just finished December 2010. My next hurdle is to attend OBLC which is officer's basic leadership course. It's sort of like basic training, but not nearly as difficult and I hear they treat you much better....I hope. I just got my reservation for OBLC this week. I barley squeaked in. I was held back due to a medical problem that was keeping me from scheduling for the Februrary 24th class that I had requested which was already full but someone canceled which left me a spot. The medical issue is nothing serious really, I just have tinnitus (ringing in my ears) that makes it hard for me to pass a hearing test. The fact that I don't hear crap doesn't help much either. Anyway...long story short, they gave me a permanent medical profile. All that means is that the Army acknowledges that I can't hear, but it doesn't affect my job performance...sooo, now I am headed to Ft. Sam next month...happy days!

What will follow in the weeks to come will be my pictorial and blogged account of what it's like for an old guy like me to go to OBLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment