Old Soldier When He Wasn't Old

Old Soldier When He Wasn't Old
Here I am after Infantry Basic Trainnig back in the 80's

Old Soldier Today

Old Soldier Today
Here is the current version of me.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

9 mm Pistol Range




Qualifying with the 9mm Baretta was great. The range had various pop-up targets that came up in singles and pairs and you had to shoot them down, change magazines and keep shooting etc. I really enjoyed it. Everyone did well on the 9mm. It is actually quite user friendly and has relatively little recoil so I think most of the troops were comfortable enough with it to have fun and blast some targets.
It was a long day at the range to get all of us (380 some odd) to the firing line so it was nice to be back to FOB sweet FOB by the end of the day. Though the training here is tough and the day the days are long, at least I get to have a lovely picnic each day as I sit on the ground and eat food out of little boxes and envelopes...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment